Saturday, 17 November 2012
My issues.
I went and talked to Danny for a bit and I think I am beginning to understand my issues with this course. I am horribly sad that I only started realizing this so late into this course, also that if I started going to office hours and getting help a lot earlier I don't think I would be having such a bad time.
The tendency I have, that I am starting to notice is that I look at examples done in class, or in the text book and I imitate them, because the answers are already given, it doesn't help that I am usually lost in class, it doesn't help either that there aren't many places were you can find helpful practise problems, other then an assignment which is marked and worth 10%. This also sadly means that I need to get better in my problem solving abilities. I should stop trying to remember where I have seen such a question before (like that last quiz we had, had almost the same question from lecture) and just be able to rationally think it out.
I guess another issue of mine, is that all the failures/bad marks I am getting so far affects my future performance. Dumb as it may seem I was actually refraining myself from even writing this blog. This is why despite me saying I will be writing tomorrow on Tuesday, it actually took me a couple days to be brave (not the right word, cause I'm talking about a blog, but still I feel horrible) enough to write/update in this blog.
Anyway I will be waiting for my tutor here, ALSO thinking up a mathematical proof to talk about for the rest of the 2 weeks, (which I have noticed that I am missing/forgetting about) when I mentioned about this SLOG during office hours with the prof. Imagine the horror if I completely forgot about it. Hopefully I will not lose too many marks by mentioning it so late. And hopefully everyday for the next week I can update my progress on this project.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment