Saturday, 17 November 2012
Getting help.
I can't believe it's already Saturday, any way I got my test back and I did not do well at all. Talked to the prof about my choices with this course and realized I don't have many more chances to bring my grades up.
Plus side, I studied for the quiz on Thursday and I found it easy. I was able to give in an answer in both the ways that I was taught to do it in. Yay for Deterministic finite state automata.
When I started reading the tutorial I had no idea what was happening, also with the help of the Textbook, everything seemed foreign. As usual when I start learning something. I think it is because it was a completely new topic kinda. So for the first time (because I got this piece of advice from a fellow student) I went online to look up DFSA's. First I went to wikipedia and realized that that would be no help at all cause it's a giant wall of text that I would not understand. Then I used Youtube, and despite not having that many videos (probably cause I searched Deterministic finite state automata), the videos I did find made it seem so easy (kind of). With the video's and then reading through the textbook again I was actually capable of keeping up with lecture on Thursday (I also went to office hours).
It will take a lot of work, but I will stick with 236, and work hard. I even contacted a potential tutor, that I got with the help of the prof. Hopefully this all goes well. I am planning on going to the library tomorrow to review some of the previous chapters/lectures so I can get help on monday from the prof or someone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment